Teacher and Library Consultant
- School librarian at Mountaineer Middle School, Clarksburg, WV
- Teaching Initial Substitute Course and Differenttiating Instruction for West Virginia Department of Education;
- Provided Word/Excel training for employees of a Fortune 500 company.
- Provided summer outreach services for children in the Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library service area.
- Adult education programs at Monongalia Technical Education Center.
- Summer refresher workshop for school library media specialists presented July 16 though 20, 2017 at the West Virginia State Technology Conference
- Designed and planned for new library media center at Brookhaven Elementary.
- Wrote a section of an online course on Teaching and Learning in the Middle School
- Revised a National Board Awareness Class for WVLearns
- Revised Office 365 Class for WVLearns, live October 2017
- American Library Association
- American Association of School Librarians
- West Virginia Library Association- School Library Division Chair 2014-2017
- West Virginia Federation of Teachers
- Young Adult Library Services Association
Communication and Collaboration :
- Organizer, West Virginia School Library Media Specialists (Facebook and Yammer Groups)
- Organizer and Moderator. LibraryNBCT Support (Google+ Group geared to help school library media specialists achieve National Board Teacher Certification.)
- Publisher. InfoGod* - a daily Paper.li with news for school library media specialists.
- Twitter handles: @martinls0030, @librarynbct,
- Blogs: InForm, Random Thoughts
Human Resources Development:
- Former district mentor for library media specialists
- Mentor for National Board Certification candidates
- Supervision of children's and teen librarian's program development
- "Evidence-Based Practice." West Virginia Library Association Annual Conference 2008..
- "Becoming a National Board Certified Teacher" West Virginia Library Association Annual Conference 2010.
- "School Library Division Meeting,"West Virginia Library Association Annual Conference 2013.
- "Helping Our Students Achieve Common Core." West Virginia Library Association Spring Fling, 2014.
- "How We Can Help You Achieve Common Core." West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2014.
- "The Five Roles of the School Library Media Specialist. a" West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2014.
- "Time for a New Professional Organization?" West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2015.
- "Mentoring Baby Librarians," West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2017.
- "A Snapshot of Collaboration," West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2017
- West Virginia State Literacy Committee, 2013
- West Virginia Children's Book Award Committee
- West Virginia Library Association Executive Board
- National Board Certified Teacher
- Technology Integration Specialist
- West Virginia Professional Teaching Certificate, Masters +45 with specializations in Journalism, School Library Media and Social Studies
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Science. University of South Carolina, August 1995.
- Bachelors Degree in Secondary Education. West Virginia University. December 1982.