- Serving as consultant for programming, social media, marketing and library development at Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library (CHPL)
- Researching and developing vision for maker services at CHPL
- Developing newsmagazine to market school librarians throughout the state.
- Reading and math intervention for RESA 7.
- Writing an online course for teachers about school library media services. This should be completed and ready for review in August 2018.
- Creating a shared space and program with a local partner agency.
- Creating a catalog of K-5 Information Literacy lessons based on national standards and state standards.
- Smartphone class at CHPL
- Providing training on national standards for WV Scbool Librarians
- Blogging class at MTEC
- Provided five days of Word/Excel training for employees of a Fortune 500 company.
- Provided summer outreach services for children in the Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library service area.
- Adult education programs at Monongalia Technical Education Center.
- Devised a summer refresher workshop for school library media specialists to be presented July 16 though 20, 2017 at the West Virginia State Technology Conference
- Designed and planned for new library media center at Brookhaven Elementary. The center will be comprised of three unique areas - a preK-2 area, an instructional area, and a makerspace/science lab. The center is expected to open in Fall 2017.
- Wrote a section of an online course on Teaching and Learning in the Middle School, scheduled to go online in October 2016.
- Revised a National Board Awareness Class for WVLearns.
- Revised Office 365 Class for WVLearns, live October 2017
- American Library Association
- American Association of School Librarians
- Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies
- Public Library Association
- West Virginia Library Association- School Library Division Chair 2014-present
- West Virginia Federation of Teachers
- Young Adult Library Services Association
Communication and Collaboration :
- Organizer, West Virginia School Library Media Specialists (Facebook and Yammer Groups)
- Organizer and Moderator. LibraryNBCT Support (Google+ Group geared to help school library media specialists achieve National Board Teacher Certification.)
- Publisher. InfoGod* - a daily Paper.li with news for school library media specialists.
- Twitter handles: @martinls0030, @librarynbct,@CHPLAdultServ
- Blogs: InForm, Random Thoughts, Brookhaven Library Media Review, Library NBCT
Human Resources Development:
- District mentor for library media specialists
- Mentor for National Board Certification candidates
- Supervision of children's and teen librarian's program development
- "Evidence-Based Practice." West Virginia Library Association Annual Conference 2008..
- "Becoming a National Board Certified Teacher" West Virginia Library Association Annual Conference 2010.
- "School Library Division Meeting,"West Virginia Library Association Annual Conference 2013.
- "Helping Our Students Achieve Common Core." West Virginia Library Association Spring Fling, 2014.
- "How We Can Help You Achieve Common Core." West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2014.
- "The Five Roles of the School Library Media Specialist. a" West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2014.
- "Time for a New Professional Organization?" West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2015.
- "Mentoring Baby Librarians," West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2017.
- "A Snapshot of Collaboration," West Virginia State Technology Conference, 2017
- West Virginia State Literacy Committee, 2013
- West Virginia Children's Book Award Committee
- Brookhaven Elementary Faculty Senate Hiring Committee
- Brookhaven Elementary Hiring Committee
- West Virginia Library Association Executive Board
- National Board Certified Teacher
- Technology Integration Specialists
- West Virginia Professional Teaching Certificate, Masters +45 with specializations in Journalism, School Library Media and Social Studies
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Science. University of South Carolina, August 1995.
- Bachelors Degree in Secondary Education. West Virginia University. December 1982.